To run a multi-lane request, you must first have a file of lanes to upload. Follow these steps to create the spreadsheet you will use to upload your lanes:
- Open Microsoft Excel to a new worksheet.
- Starting at the top of Column A, type in the Origin City.
- In Column B, type in the Origin State.
- In Column C, type in the Origin Postal Code.
- In Column D, type in the Destination City.
- In Column E, type in the Destination State.
- In Column F, type in the Destination Postal Code.
- In Column G, type in the Truck Type (optional field).
- In Column H, type in the ID/Reference number (optional field).
- Add in your lane requests in the rows below. (Max 250,000 rows)
- Save the file as a csv (comma separated values) file. (The name can be relative to the search.)
Note: When naming your file, it must be 30 characters or less or RateView will not recognize it, providing you with an error message asking to rename it instead.
When populating your spreadsheet, you do not have to have both the origin city and origin zip code in your file. You will only need one or the other in order to submit your request. This is the same for the destination city and destination zip code.
In addition, both Broker Spot and Shipper Contract Multi-Lane Requests accept 3 Digit, 5 Digit and 9 Digit Postal codes.
To see an example of an upload template, click the Download button and you can download a copy of what the file should look like that you are submitting.