Posting your truck is a great way to alert brokers and shippers that you have equipment available to haul freight. To create a new truck posting select the action button (+) located on the Posting screen
After tapping the action button, you will enter the Post Truck screen and be presented with a form to complete so that the brokers and shippers will have all the details they need to see if your truck is the right fit for them.
- Origin: If your location (GPS) is enabled on your device, the origin will pre-populate the city that you are currently in. You can tap into the field to manually enter a location of your choice at any time.
- Destination: By default, the destination is left open, indicating anywhere as your desired destination. However, it is strongly recommended that you choose a state or a group of states (zones) that you are willing to go to instead. This will ensure that the calls you receive will be for loads that you are truly interested in. It also helps to ensure that your posting is seen by brokers and shippers searching for a truck that can go to a specific location. Tap the Destination field and then tap States/Zones in order to select up to 7 states or zones that you are willing to go to.
Note: For a printable DAT Zone Map, click here.
- Equipment: Tap this field to see a list of equipment types available. Select the one that best fits the equipment you have.
- Available from/Available to: These fields allow you to specify a date range that your truck is available.
- Length: Enter the length of your trailer.
- Weight: Enter the weight of your trailer in pounds (this field is in pounds, not thousands of pounds)
- Full/Partial: Indicate here whether you have full space available or partial space.
- Contact: Choose a phone number or email address for brokers and shippers to contact you with
Note: If any of the information here is wrong, contact DAT at 800-547-5417 to update it.
- Comments: Use this area to say something specific on the posting that you want the brokers and shippers to see. For example, “Call Eric at ext 153”.
When finished completing the form, tap the Post button in the upper-right corner to make it available for brokers and shippers to see. You will see confirmation that your truck was posted.