What causes this error?
Simply put, the error can be caused by a disruption in internet connectivity to where DAT cannot communicate with your computer or a corrupted search.
To be more descriptive, this error is attributed to a lost or corrupted connection that has occurred where DAT was unable to re-establish the hyper-bus connection to the end-user computer.
When running a search in DAT Power, there is a two-way communication established for DAT to both send and receive search data to the end-user computer. Depending on your network, this connection can occasionally drop or become corrupted. Once the connection is effected, DAT Power will stop receiving updated results. DAT Power will automatically try to re-establish a connection every 10 seconds, however, after 5 failed attempts you will receive the "Sorry, something unexpected happened. Please try again." error.
Once the error is dismissed, DAT Power will attempt to cycle the connection again, but the error will display within a minute if the connection cannot be re-established.
It is also possible the user search criteria can cause this error when using too many zones.
Some users are performing searches that may display "all posted loads" then filter the results by company name using the "refine your search" option. Although DAT Power allows this it will cause errors, expect an update limiting this option. Example: Origin = Z0Z1Z2Z3Z4Z5Z6Z7Z8Z9 and Dest = Z0Z1Z2Z3Z4Z5Z6Z7Z8Z9,
What can you do?
- Try checking your internet connection to ensure you are not experiencing a disruption. If you try to access other websites and they respond slowly or you cannot reach them, this may be an indication of a connection issue. If your internet connection is stable and not experiencing any further disruptions, try refreshing your search to re-establish the connection with DAT. You can do this by clicking on Post and then back to Search.
- Delete any saved searches or posts that have been saved for more than 24 hours.
- Ensure the browser is up to date.
- Check the date and time on the computer. If the date and time is in the past it will also cause this error.
- If this is due to a search, break your search into smaller pieces (add product feedback to the case)