Click the Post option within the menu or on the left side of the screen and enter the information for your truck. Then click on the CREATE NEW POST button.
- Origin: The city in which your truck is or will be. Start typing your city and select it from suggestions that appear. You may also enter a zip code into this field.
- Destination: Indicates the areas in which you are willing to go with your truck. This can be a city, a state, a zone, or a combination of states and zones. To view a printable version of DAT's zones, click HERE.
Note: It is strongly recommended that you enter a destination instead of leaving it blank. Postings with no destinations will not appear as an exact match to brokers and shippers searching for trucks. They will appear as 'similar' matches instead.
- Available From/Available To: Use these fields to select the date range in which you want your truck to display as available to brokers and shippers.
- Full/Partial: Indicate whether you can haul a full load or just a partial load.
- Truck Type: The type of equipment that you have. Clicking this field will let you choose from the various equipment types available.
- Length: The length of your trailer in feet.
- Weight: The weight capacity of your trailer, in pounds. You can enter 48k to represent 48000 lbs.
- Reference: Enter a unique identifier for the equipment that you may use to quickly identify this posting when an interested party contacts you.
- Contact: Choose the phone number or email address that interested parties will contact you by. If any of this information is incorrect or in need of updating, contact DAT at 800-547-5417.
- Comments: Use this field to say something you wish to convey to interested brokers and shippers that you cannot indicate anywhere else (eg. Ask for Larry, 102" Wide Trailer). There is a 140 character limit.
- Create Alarm: Check this box and set a radius to create an alarm that will alert you when new loads are posted to the database that match your truck criteria.
When finished entering your truck information, click the Post button to alert brokers and shippers of your availability.