Geofencing is a location-based service which allows an application like DAT One (Mobile) to sense when a device has entered or exited a virtual boundary around a location. DAT One (Mobile) draws a virtual radius 200 meters around a pickup or dropoff location. When a device crosses that boundary while entering or exiting a location, DAT One (Mobile) is able to capture and record the arrival and departure time. This allows both the carrier and tracker to have a timestamp for each pickup and dropoff location visited.
Articles in this section
- Where is the lookback field when searching?
- Why am I seeing the free version?
- Why are there two maps in DAT One (Mobile) for navigation?
- How can I tell if my phone number is verified?
- Can the location services be turned off while using DAT One (Mobile)?
- What is geofencing and how does DAT One (Mobile) use it?
- How often does DAT One (Mobile) send the carrier's location?
- Does DAT One (Mobile) replace DAT OnTime for carriers?
- What do the shipment request statuses mean?
- What is PrePass?